It was so much fun to have my first holiday season being married to my handsome husband. It was such a busy time filled with finals, thesis work, 3 Christmas celebrations, and a fun Journey to Cali. The two pictures below clearly demonstrate how much fun we had during our first Christmas holiday being an official family. (Family meaning me, Michael, and Cali of course)
![]() |
| Two Peas in a Pod! Cali is so hilarious, she loves to sleep totally exposed with her white belly hanging out. Haha. |
Before our journey to California we had a early Christmas celebration with Michael's family. I am not going to lie, I got totally spoiled. I was given a new phone... yes my first internet phone... I feel like this should get documented because now is the time in history when everyone is starting to expect you to have internet access with you know matter what. I never thought I would give in. We also were given a Blendtec, which happens to be the most amazing blender that supposedly could chop up cell phones. Beyond the gifts it was very special to spend the time with the family and cherish those moments you have together.
A few days later we began our drive to my old stomping ground. We had quite the experience with hotwire, a website that allows you to purchase great deals on hotels. The catch is, that when you make the purchase you don't have a clue where you are going to be staying. You do however, know the star rating of the hotel. We chose to stay at a 3 star hotel in Vegas so that we did not have to drive the whole way through the night. Needless to say, our view looked like a crime scene straight out of CSI, we had mattresses that were like 3 feet too long for the box-springs, and two small beds without blankets. We had a great laugh but we were excited to head out the next morning.
It was so good to be home to see my friends and family. I just adore them. I have realized it doesn't matter how old you are but you can still get homesick without those special people around. Being around them also helps me feel God's love and a greater appreciation for what I have in my life.
![]() |
| Michael, Myself, and My Bro |
![]() |
| More pics to come.. I am waiting for my fam to send them. |
We didn't get to stay too long this time because of Michael's thesis work, but we really enjoyed the time that we could stay. I was sad to pack up our cute Christmas decorations but I can't wait to decorate even better next year. I have a few pictures below of some of my favorite ornaments and decor from our First Christmas.
![]() |
| Thank you Pinterest. |

| How could I forget! We met Avi, my mom and John's new puppy! |








