Thursday, October 18, 2012

Candy Corn Cookies

I am so excited to announce that I bought a $10 machine that warms up chocolate, cheese, and pretty much anything you want, to the perfect temperature for dipping. I have been attempting to dip foods in chocolate over and over but I always seem to burn the chocolate or something goes wrong. 

So, for my first experiment with me new machine I tried making these candy corn cookies. At first, I couldn't get the chocolate smooth enough until I found out that adding oil or Crisco does the trick. I first made the cookies which were not the typical sugar cookie. I added nutmeg and sour cream and did not include any brown sugar. By the way, sour cream makes the cookies so soft and yummy and the nutmeg adds a taste of fall. I obviously added orange food coloring to the dough. Then I dipped one side of the candy corn in the chocolate and the other in white chocolate. It was easier than I expected. Although, if you can buy a candy corn cookie cutter to make the shape look nicer I would do so. I couldn't seem to find one in the stores but I know they are available online.