" When the truth needs to be said, when the work needs to be done, when the help needs to be given... you can make a difference." -unknown.
Let me tell you that the truth does need to be said, and the truth is that there is much work that needs to be done in the world. These children in the picture below are orphans at a place we stayed for a week which was just outside of Chennai. It is funny how children who are 12 years old and under can teach you more about life in a week than you have learned in 23 years of your own life. The people in India, including these children, live in complete poverty. What I learned was that their people lived off of less than one American dollar a day. I mean you literally come back to your nine hundred square foot condo and feel like you are living in a mansion and that you need to donate all of your belongings. What I envy about these children and the people of India, is that instead of focusing on what they don't have and what they need, they focus on what they do have. When you come to know these children, you soon learn that their lives have been full of heartbreak and sorrow, and yet many are so happy. I have never met a group of people who truly know how to love. Their love is so unconditional. They don't care what you look like, where you came from, how you dress, they love you anyways. I wish that was something that was more true of the people here in America, including myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment