Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Trip of a Lifetime

Everyday seems to be a new adventure. I have been fortunate enough to have a life that has been full of many choices and opportunities. Although I have made many of my own choices in life, there have been times when others have made choices that effected me.  In those cases it feels as if I have no control and as a result it feels that I have to deal with whatever comes. But the truth is, what I am learning is that I always have some control. I have control over how I feel. I control my actions in response. Last year I had one of those experiences, you know, where I felt I had no control over what was happening in my life. During that time, I began to start realizing what seems to always happen. In those times that is when I really dare to do something I really want to do. When life seems to be throwing landslides in my path, one thing I have found to cheer me up is to keep moving. There are so many things in life that I want to experience. Some people say that that can be a negative thing because I cannot focus on one thing at a time, however I would say that it has been a positive aspect for me. Personally, I think it just depends on how you look at it. But regardless, when the going gets tough my solution has always seemed to be daring myself to experience something new. Maybe it is just the thrill of doing things on my own that comforts me in those times, I am not really sure. But, last March a trip to India happened to fall right into my lap....







No comments:

Post a Comment