Thursday, September 27, 2012

Welcoming our new addition to the family

It took some time and persuasion, but good news I convinced Michael and the landlord's that I needed to have a kitty. Her name is Cali. You probably guessed that I named her after my home state and you are right! Cali is a year old but looks young for her age. I am guessing she was the runt in her family. She has a white nose, white paws, and two black lines that come out from her eyes. The black lines by her eyes makes her look like she is wearing a mask.

 It was so difficult walking through the Humane Society and seeing all those cats who needed homes, but when I walked into Cali's room we both knew it was a perfect match. She jumped right up onto my lap and she let me pet her for as long as I wanted. 

I was so nervous while I was signing paperwork and it was then that I realized it was a good thing Michael and I were getting a cat before a child because if I am that nervous about taking care of a cat, I do not want to know what I will feel like having the huge responsibility of taking care of a human! But so far everything has been perfect. She loves to cuddle and is getting more comfortable with her new home each moment. 



We picked out this bright collar to match her fun-loving personality and name. 
Cali's soon to be ID name tag.