
Have you heard that quote that says, "Marriage is like getting to have a sleepover with your best friend every single night of the week." That is exactly how I feel about Michael. I have been so blessed to have had the most amazing first year of being married. Sooo many people tell you that the first year of marriage is so hard and I have to say that I honestly feel that it was the happiest year of my life thus far. In the first year of marriage, people usually ask about some of the weird things in which we learned about each other since we are now living together. We always look at each other and laugh. Then we tell them, we actually learned that we have more in common then we thought.
This year for anniversary gifts we decided to stick with the traditional anniversary gift giving. There is a list that says what the gift has to be made out of each year. The list looks like this...
| 1st | Paper |
| 2nd | Cotton |
| 3rd | Leather |
| 4th | Fruit, flowers |
| 5th | Wood |
| 6th | Sugar |
| 7th | Copper, wool |
| 8th | Bronze, pottery |
| 9th | Pottery, willow |
| 10th | Tin |
| 11th | Steel |
| 12th | Silk, linen |
| 13th | Lace |
| 14th | Ivory |
| 15th | Crystal |
| 20th | China |
| 25th | Silver |
| 30th | Pearl |
| 35th | Coral |
| 40th | Ruby |
| 45th | Sapphire |
| 50th | Gold |
| 55th | Emerald |
| 60th | Diamond |
So, the first year is paper. I found a website that was perfect for this gift. On the website you can use any picture and any words or lyrics you want and then it will recreate your picture out of those words. The website is http://www.youareyourwords.com/. P.S. it is also free! So, for my project, I decided to use a wedding picture and the lyrics to our first dance. Then I framed it for him to put in his new office. (I pasted a picture below to show what it looks like) I am sure everyone is wondering what he came up with. He handed me a manila envelope with a contract in the inside. It was designed like a legal contract and read what he was bound to do as my husband for the term of our marriage..which is for forever. Of course it was hilarious and cute.
Overall, I had an incredible anniversary with an incredible husband. We have had such a fun journey so far and I cannot wait for the many more years to come. I could go on and on about what I love about him but I will save that for later. Love you babe, thank you for all that you do.
1. I have to wait until 60 to get DIAMONDS? Ugh. Haha
ReplyDelete2. Why are you so gorgeous?! Give me some of those good looks!
3. Love both of you - so happy you're married!