Friday, June 8, 2012

There are three things that last: faith, hope, and love and the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13

    Four months of no sleep, continual excitement, nerves, spending too much money, and finally the most perfect day arrived! People say that planning a wedding is not fun, I disagree, but my advice would be don't plan a wedding during your school semester. Whose idea was that anyways?

 I cannot describe the happiness that you feel on your wedding day. The idea of being sealed forever with the eternal companion of your choice is such a blessing I do not know if I could fully comprehend it. I cried and yes.. Michael did cry too. He said he would not but when the time came in the temple I think he started crying before I did. April 6, 2012 turned out to be the perfect day. Although, it was a snow storm in the morning, our musician cancelled on us that day, and my aunt tried to finish making my dress with a broken hand, the day could not have turned out better than it did. What mattered the most was my amazing friends, family, and my adorable husband were all there with me during the most important day of my life so far.

For those of you who do not know our story this is how it goes.. Michael and I actually met about six years ago when he was serving an LDS mission in Fresno, California. At that time in my life I was trying to figure out why I was here and what I was doing with my life. I met a man named Dan, he happened to be a missionary who changed my life and baptized me later on. Dan also trained Michael. I met Michael briefly then and I had know idea the history that would happen later. A few years after Dan finished his mission he was getting married and Michael and I both attended the wedding. Still not thinking much of it we became friends and would talk every once in awhile while he was living in Utah and I was living in California. Long story short my life changed in a second when I felt inspired to move to Utah for a few months over the summer. That is when I began to learn how great of a person Michael was. I hardly new anyone in Utah and after being stranded at the Salt Lake Airport I called him to rescue me. He did not even hesitate and brought me to his house to have dinner with his mom. I did not know this at the time, but Michael said he had a plan and he knew that I would fall in love with his mom when I met her and then it would be easier for him to catch me. After Two and a half years, we finally figured out that this was a relationship that was perfect for us both and made the commitment to get married. Yes, it took us awhile, but it ended up being perfect timing for us both.